Due to increased demand for the garden waste service following the Coronavirus suspension, there is currently a short delay of 3 to 4 weeks in delivering garden waste bins.
Please be aware of this when taking out a new subscription or renewing when you need a green wheelie-bin to be delivered.
Latest news about our services and advice on the Coronavirus
People who have not renewed their garden waste subscription are being asked to do so immediately online using the links below or by phoning 01824 706000.
Residents are also being informed of the following information:
- collections may run late due to the high demand, please leave your bin out if it appears that the Council team has not attended your property (teams will work late and at weekends if necessary)
- make sure your green bin(s) only contains garden waste
- no extra waste will be taken so please do not set any out
- no missed collection reports will be accepted during this two-week period
- The Council will not be charging subscribers for collections made in May
- Subscription charges will begin again on 1st June
- please clean the handles of your green bin before and after collection
- make sure you wash your hands before and after touching your bins
- the Council will extend subscriptions by a period equivalent to the length of the current stoppage (residents have not been charged during this break in service).
We can collect your garden waste fortnightly for an annual fee.
Sign up and pay for garden waste collections online
You can renew your subscription up to 12 weeks before your subscription ends. If you're not sure when your subscription ends, you can use the renewal form to find out when you can renew.
Renew or find out when you can renew your subscription online
If you have signed up for one 140L green wheelie bin or three dumpy sacks collections, you can upgrade your subscription to two 140L green wheelie bins or six dumpy sacks collections for £12.00. Upgrading will not extend your subscription - this will end 12 months from the date of your first collection on your original 1 wheelie bin or 3 sacks subscription.
Upgrade your garden waste subscription online
Alternatively, you can go to a One Stop Shop or phone 01824 706000 to arrange garden waste collections.
What happens after I have arranged collections?
We will arrange to collect your garden waste for 12 months from the date of your first collection. We'll send you the following within 10 working days;
- unique identification label for your green bin(s) or a tag for green dumpy sacks
- a calendar showing your collection days
- and any additional containers (if necessary).
Please take care of your label as an administrative fee of £10.00 will be charged for a replacement.
How much does it cost?
The cost for our garden waste collection service depends on the amount of containers you use and how you subscribe - it's cheaper if you subscribe online;
||Cost when subscribing
|Cost when subscribing
any other way
|One 140L green wheelie
bin or three dumpy sacks
|Two 140L green wheelie
bins or six dumpy sacks
|Keep your 240L / 360L
green wheelie bin*
The type of container (wheelie bin or dumpy sacks) you use, depends on what you currently use on the x2 service.
*This option is only available to customers who already have the 240/360 litre wheelie bin - we will not be distributing anymore 240/360 litre wheelie bins. Any breakages will be replaced with 2 X 140 litre wheelie bins.
Click a heading below to find out more information:
No. We will not empty any black bin or refuse sack that contains garden waste. Garden waste must be placed in either the green wheelie bin or green dumpy sack. If garden waste is found in any other container, it will result in a formal notice being served and possible further enforcement action being taken.
Unfortunately, the new garden waste collection service is unavailable to customers on weekly pink and clear sack collections. If you are on these collections, please do not sign up for the garden waste collections. We will be reviewing this and will let you know if this changes.